Marriages and civil partnerships
Planning on getting married or entering into a civil partnership in Esslingen?
Our marriage ceremonies generally take place on Fridays, starting at 10 am, and once or twice a month on Saturdays from 11 am onwards.
What we offer at a glance
- We allow 30 minutes for a marriage ceremony
- Marriage ceremonies are generally held on Fridays between 10 am and 11.30 (last ceremony) in the New Town Hall (Neues Rathaus) and between 10 am and 1 pm (last ceremony) in the Old Town Hall (Altes Rathaus) as well as on certain Saturdays between 11 am to 1.30 pm (last ceremony) in the Old Town Hall.
- Room hire fee for the New Town Hall: free of charge; room hire fee for the Old Town Hall: € 75.
- Marriage ceremonies on the “Beletage” are generally planned for Fridays, but can be scheduled for other days of the week by arrangement. Please contact us for advice. Room hire fees: € 300 plus a € 57 administrative fee (can be offset from the daily flat-rate fee charged by Kessler)
- Marriage ceremonies on the roof terrace of the Best Western Hotel can be arranged on certain dates. Room hire fee: € 310; administrative fee: € 70. No additional charge is made for use of the first floor for serving refreshments. In wet weather, a room can be made available in the Best Western Hotel.
- For marriages outside our normal office hours (on Fridays from 12 noon to 1 pm and on Saturdays), we charge an additional fee of € 60 irrespective of the venue.
- In exceptional and justified circumstances, marriage ceremonies can also be scheduled during the week or after the usual hours mentioned above, but only if staffing and organisational requirements allow.
- Marriage ceremony bookings are cancelled if we do not hear or receive any documents from you 1 month prior to the scheduled date at the latest.
- During the Medieval and Christmas Markets, marriage ceremonies are held between 9 am and 11.30 am as an exception to the general rule. Please note that during this period there are no parking facilities available at the Old Town Hall; please use the multi-storey car park at the Market Square (Marktplatz).
Dates and times available in 2017
Dates and times available in 2018
Marriage ceremony venues
Brief overview of our marriage ceremony venues. Further images of our marriage ceremony venues can be found in our photo gallery.
Classic ceremony room seating a total of 29. A maximum of 60 guests can attend the marriage ceremony. Room hire fee: € 75
For large wedding parties of up to 140 persons, the Civic Hall can also be used by special arrangement; please contact us for further details.
Open-air wedding ceremonies for parties of up to 60! Appointments can only be arranged for July and August; catering possible. In wet weather, an alternative room is available in the hotel. Fee for use of the roof terrace: € 380
Our flyer (in german language) contains a brief summary of the most important information on the subject of weddings.
Flyer (67 KB)
For more detailed information about arranging appointments and formalities to be completed after the marriage ceremony, please see our wedding brochure.