Assistance in the event of insolvency
The debt counselling service (Schuldnerberatung) provided by the Esslingen Kreisdiakonieverband offers insolvent individuals advice and support in order to help them stabilise their situation.
- no longer know how you will be able to pay your rent
- do not have enough money to sustain yourself
- fear a visit from the bailiff or wage garnishment
- have recently had your account garnished
- are looking for someone to talk to about your difficult situation,
then the debt counselling service can help you to
- get your documents in order
- find a way to reduce expenditure and increase your earnings
- apply for any benefits you are entitled to
- create a budget plan
- compile a debt redemption plan
- open a “garnishment-proof” bank account
- make contact with creditors
- protect yourself against unjustified claims
- If necessary, commence consumer insolvency proceedings.
You must also be prepared to
- avoid accumulating any further debt obligations
- disclose your financial circumstances
- work actively with us
- adhere to agreements.
The aim of this consultation is
- to allow you to live with your debts in a manner that does not threaten your livelihood
- avoid a situation in which you lose your accommodation (or other similar predicaments)
- develop outlooks and aspirations
- help you to turn over a new leaf with your finances
There is no charge for these debt counselling services. Our advisers adhere to client confidentiality rules. Due to high demand, a short waiting time should be expected.