Dienstleistungen von A-Z

Reregistering within the municipality

If you move house within the municipality, then you have to notify your new address to your municipal offices.

Forms/Online Services

  • residence certification

    If you move to Germany and want to live in Burladingen for any time, you need a residence certification within 2 weeks after your move.

    Your landlord has to confirm, that you are living in that flat or house he is renting to you. It's necassary that he sign the formula with his signature.

    If you leave Germany and move to another city, your landlord has also to confirm this in this formula.

Responsible department

the municipal administration/city council (Gemeinde-/Stadtverwaltung) as the registration authority



You move within the same municipality (city or municipality).


You have to fill in and sign the official registration form for registration. The registration form is available at the municipal offices. In some municipalities, the registration form is also available as a download.

If the municipality has an automated register of residents, then you don’t have to fill in the registration form if you go in person to the registration authorities and confirm the accuracy of your data by signing a printout.

If the registration authorities have internet access, you can also transfer the required data by using a qualified electronic signature. 

Tip: Members of the family, who have lived in the same flat and are also moving with you, can all use one registration form.


You must re-register within one week of the move.

Required documents

The competent body can request that you submit further documents, which serve as proof of the details. These can include:

  • Personal identity document or passport
  • Marriage or civil partnership certificate, divorce judgement.
  • the identity cards of members of the family, if all are registered on one registration form
    • children’s passport or birth certificate (for those children who do not own a passport)

Tip: It is best to get your identity card updated when you reregister at the municipal offices.


After having reregistered, you will receive a confirmation of the registration for your files.

Release note

The German original version of this text was drafted in close cooperation with the relevant departments. The Innenministerium released it on 25.01.2021. Only the German text is legally binding. The Federal State does not assume any liability for the translated texts.
In cases of doubt or if you have any questions or problems, please contact the relevant authorities directly.