Guide to Ukraine Aid
This page provides information on issues related to refugees from Ukraine. We list ways to get help, establish contacts and explain the legal situation.
Application and registration
- In general, Ukrainian citizens can stay in Germany for 90 days without a visa! Decree
- You will receive a temporary residence permit in accordance with Section §24 of the Residence Act (AufenthG).
- Refugees who are accommodated privately must register in the registration office of the city of Esslingen within 90 days.
For more information, see: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are currently setting up a separate area for registration and counseling for Ukrainian refugees in the so-called Agneshof on Beblinger Straße behind the Citizens' Registration Office.
- Refugees who are accommodated in the emergency or temporary housing must register within two weeks.
Online appointment for initial registration
Please make an appointment to complete your initial registration in Germany.
Click on the link below to start:
Make an appointment
[To read this page in a language of your choice, use the browser translation tool (accessible via mouse right click). The translation function is an add-on available on the browsers Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome and Firefox.]
- Go to the list "Sachgebiet" (Subject area) and select the bottom option "Erstregistrierung ukrainischer Flüchtlingen" (this means "Initial registration for Ukrainian refugees")
- Tick the box next to the option "Erstregistrierung ukrainischer Flüchtlingen" ("Initial registration for Ukrainian refugees")
- Then select the option "Weiter" (which means "next")
Accommodation and housing offers
Baden-Württemberg state accommodation
We ask all refugees who are not staying in private accommodation to contact the nearest state reception center (Landeserstaufnahmeeinrichtung, LEA). They are open all day and located at the following locations in Baden-Württemberg:
- Karlsruhe (Durlacher Allee 100, 76137 Karlsruhe)
- Sigmaringen (Binger Straße 28, 72488 Sigmaringen)
- Freiburg (Müllheimer Straße 7, 79115 Freiburg)
- Ellwangen (Georg-Elser-Straße 2, 73479 Ellwangen)
The initial reception center (LEA) responsible for the city of Esslingen is the LEA in Ellwangen. From there, refugees are allocated from the state's initial reception centers to other accommodation throughout Baden-Württemberg.
Counseling service for refugees from Ukraine
At the Ukraine Service Point during opening hours: Behind the "Behördenzentrum" (public authority center) on Beblingerstraße 3, in the Agneshof.
Questions and answers
The answers to many frequently asked questions can also be found here:
You would like to help?
Please refrain from making uncoordinated donations of goods!
If you would like to help, please transfer a sum of money to our donation account!
IBAN DE36 6115 0020 0000 9004 23
(only with the correct refernce can the donation be properly allocated))
- Our Hungarian twin town Eger, which is about 200 km from the Hungarian-Ukrainian border and has already taken in refugees. Our donations arrive in Eger.
- Further campaigns aimed specifically at helping refugees in border areas. For this purpose, we work exclusively with reputable institutions.
- Refugees arriving in Esslingen
Would you like to support refugees from the Ukraine in Esslingen?
Please register using this online form
Are you already offering help, or are you just setting up a service?
Please register using this online form:
Registration sheet for help offers
Every registered offer of assistance will be posted on this page in due course.
Do you have any questions?
The "Esslingen Sticks Together" hotline is now available again from Monday to Friday:
Telephone: 0711 - 3512 2694
Monday to Thursday: 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and 1:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m
Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m
More information for volunteers:
ES sticks together
Our donations arrive
A first aid delivery arrives in our Hungarian twin town Eger.